Saturday, April 30, 2016

Production Report B

Now, to finish the things I need to do to keep up with my production schedule, here is my second production report. I struggled some with the tone but I plan on spending some more time revising it.

Audience Questions
  1. How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?
  2. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?

Author Response
  1. Like my last production report, I have not yet incorporated sound effects, video clips, or myself. This is just a rough script. However, the script ideally should not read like an essay but rather more casually but still informatively like a video essay would. But by Tuesday (as my production schedule says) there will be video clips and sound effects chosen and inserted into the script.
  2. I am not quite sure that I successfully mastered the tone I was going for. The combination of informative and challenging is apparently weird for my brain to figure out how to write. Even so, I still got everything done ahead of time which is a new success. Because of this proactivity, I will have plenty of time to edit it if it is, in fact, weirdly written.

Outline Item

  1. Writing Process
    1. Structure and how it has changed
      1. I have begun to use an outline for all of my essays
        1. What does this prove?
          1. I used to not use outlines so the addition of the outlines is a positive change
        2. Why does this matter?
          1. I am better able to organize my work
      2. My time management has improved from this because it adds an extra step to the process of writing an essay so I spend more time on it
        1. What does this prove?
          1. There has been a change since I started this class
        2. Why does this matter?
          1. It has positively influenced my time management and productivity by helping me to be more proactive

Adaption of Outline Item:

I have made outlines before. It is not as if this was an entirely brand new experience. What changed was my engagement with the outline. The structure explained in the blog post directions gave me something to go off of that I had not had before. The outline I made for Project 1 was decently helpful. However, it was not until Project 2 that I really saw the immense and endless beauty of outlines. I was able to think through and plan a lot of my work that I just did not know how to do before that. Because of this, I am much better able to organize my work. This has not just helped me in English. I have used this in literally every single class I am taking this semester. It has affected my time management in an incredibly positive way.

I used to go off of one idea and dive into an essay with little to no planning. This never turned out well. I had poorly written essays or long and intensive editing processes. Using outlines before starting essays has added a step to my work processes which gives me a chance to reflect on and revise my ideas before they turn into an essay. Outlines have helped me become more a more proactive and intelligent writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment