Thursday, May 5, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

I have finished my script and am now working on sound effects and visuals. As I work on that I hope to get some feedback on how well my script fits into the video essay genre. This is definitely the genre I am most uncomfortable in so I’m hopeful to get some suggestions on how to improve that.

Edit: I added the video but it's formatting is slow so I'm working on finding a better means of video editing.


Audience Question: What are you anticipating the post-production process to be like, based on what you accomplished during the production phase?


Author Response
Explain, with some specificity, your thoughts and feelings about the following:
  • Key information about your particular project that you would like anyone who peer reviews your draft to know


I am still adding in video clips and sound effects and all that jazz. This is a draft of the video essay script. I am also still adding in a few things here and there so the content is changing.


  • Major issues or weaknesses in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those weaknesses)


I am aware of its lack of fitting into the genre conventions because of its lack of clips and visuals. But I’m not sure about how well it fits into the genre as far as word choice, tone, and whatnot go. I would love feedback on how interesting it is in regards to genre conventions.


  • Major virtues or strengths in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those strengths)


At this point I’m not sure. I think it’s engaging and involves the viewer but I still think it could use a lot of improvement. I’m pretty content with the global idea communicated but I could use some help with local revisions.




Here is my rough script.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hannah,

    The content that you are talking about is great. You have great ideas for the piece to reflect on. Here are a couple overall suggestions:

    -You sound a little scripted. This is not bad, but since it is a personal reflection, you might want to see if there is a couple things you could re-record. (I'm putting this on late though, so take this with a grain of salt).

    -The clips are fine, but I would try not to linger as long on some of them that long. Double chin orange cat might not need to be shown that long. (Don't get me wrong I adore cats though ;))

    That's all I'm going to say for now. I'm sure your video essay will be fantastic!

    All the best,

    Michaela

    ReplyDelete