Saturday, April 30, 2016

Production Report A


As I am following my production schedule, I must complete the first two items of my outline today. So here is my first attempt at combining informative and somewhat casual tones into a rough script of my final project.

Audience Questions
  1. How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?
  2. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?


Author Response


  1. I haven’t incorporated the sound effects or video clips I eventually plan on incorporating. Right now I just have a rough script so the form is pretty far from the form it will eventually be in. But the lack of QRG or Standard College Essay form speaks some to the form it will eventually be in if you think about it hard enough.
  2. The production of this went well. I usually save all this for Sunday nights but it’s Saturday night and I’ve been pretty productive so I’m quite content with the production so far. I haven’t had any creative epiphanies yet but I’m hopeful for some in the video clip/sound effect researching near future.


Outline Item:


  1. Opening
    1. How to grab the reader’s attention
      1. Explain context of why I am talking about this
        1. Taking english my freshman year of college
      2. Relate to reader
        1. It takes everybody a while to figure out how their brain works best
        2. This was me figuring that out


Adaption of Outline Item:


Now that I have not only finished a semester of English 109H but also my first year of college, I have learned some things about my writing process, my work ethic, and how I like to structure my time. The structure of the structure of English 109H’s blog posts has forced me to be proactive on huge projects in a way that I have not been able to get myself to do in the past. I have enjoyed doing smaller bits of work over a few weeks rather than having one miserably jam-packed day full of desperate attempts at turning research into ideas and then turning those ideas into essays.

It takes everybody a while to figure out how their brain works. Some people figure that out during childhood, some people figure it out in highschool, some in college, some even later. High school never helped me much. I got really good at procrastinating but, beyond that, I developed few time and work management skills. I had a similar experience throughout my first semester of college - I procrastinated and struggled with my classes. But this semester I had an English 109H enlightenment that helped me figure out how my brain works: outlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment