Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Peer Reviews of Production Reports

I reviewed Ben Barnett’s production report on thorium as source of energy and Missy Web’s production report on the casting of Hermione in the new onstage production. It was really interesting to see how they presented their ideas in the standard college essay form. I got a lot of ideas that I can implement in my own essay from reading their essays.

Peer Review A

I reviewed Ben Barnett’s “Production Report 11b”. I chose to do a content review because it seemed to be the most helpful as the form of a standard college essay is pretty basic. I tried to use the constructive criticism as opposed to compliments explained in the Student Guide. In doing so I tried to explain what I liked about his argument so far and how I thought he could bring those aspects into more areas of his writing.

Like in my other peer reviews, I have always found people asking me questions about my work that they don’t think it answers very helpful. I try to ask each author whose work I read questions that I think could help them expand their ideas. I found it a little bit more difficult with Ben’s work because I know so little about his topic to begin with that I have a million questions just about understanding nuclear fission and mining and energy and whatnot. But I did my best to help him develop his ideas in a way that would positively affect his intended audience’s perception of his work.

I really admired his knowledge of his topic. He has clearly done an incredible amount of research and put a lot of work into understanding the various intricacies of using different elements for energy.

Peer Review B

I reviewed Missy Webb’s “Production Report 11a”. I also chose to do a content review for a similar reason that I chose to do a content review for Ben’s production report - a form review for a standard college essay would be pretty short.

I know I have used the same part of the Student Guide for every review but I have just found the compliment as opposed to constructive criticism very helpful. There was a lot to compliment about Missy’s writing. She was very engaging and seemed knowledgable even just in her introduction.

I tried to make some suggestions about how she could introduce her credibility in the introduction. I helped her develop her ideas in a way that satisfied more elements of the project.

I admired the level of interest she introduced in her introduction. I was left curious about the rest of her essay and wanting to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment