Monday, March 14, 2016

Reflection

After finishing my draft of my podcast, there are a few successes and failures. Beyond that, I can look at how this week went and predict how next week might go or reflect on changes that need to be made in order to make next week go well. Here I answer some reflection questions.

  1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

I worked on the script waaaay ahead of time, put some thought and research into it, and followed my schedule for writing. I am usually very bad at time management but I stuck to my script-writing schedule. I added in some new evidence and  developed my ideas.

  1. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

Even though I wrote the script ahead of time, I did not record it on schedule. I was planning on recording it at around seven Sunday night but a friend had a crisis and I ended up starting at eleven. This made the final production phase quick and overall not superb. So after a good start with my script writing, I still ended up procrastinating.

  1. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?

Next week will go one of two ways. One: I will have an extra week to work on stuff so I will be very productive and get it all done early. Or two: I will feel like I have tons of time and put it off until the last second after miscalculating the loads of time that I have. The goal would be to stick with option one.

  1. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?

I feel like I need to broaden the evidence I have included in my podcast. That is my biggest concern along with how to then incorporate it. I am happy that I have an entire script but I think there is a lot I need to add to it. I feel good about where I am but I think there is still a lot of room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment