Monday, March 14, 2016

Production Report (a and b)

Here I talk about the thought process behind adapting an outline into raw material. I show the exact changes made to the ideas and how they were executed in writing.

Outline item from section I. B. a.: “Talk about some theories in psychology that may be difficult to understand through a journal article but are made more accessible by an online article.”


Adaption: “ in ‘Autism in Infancy and Early Childhood’ a complex and emotionally distant representation of autism appeals to the reader’s sense of loic. However, in ‘A Story of Autism’, also posted on Psychology Today, a narrative full of simple, descriptive language plays on the emotions of the reader.”


  1. How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?


I used a straightforward description of the ideas I presented in my outline in order to communicate them in the script of my podcast. I used the rhetorical appeals in order to explain the effects of the approaches used in the different genres.


The rhetorical appeals are a main difference in the two genres. I focused on this because it provided a clear difference. The focus on emotion in public writing as opposed to the focus on objectivity in journal articles provides a striking contrast.


  1. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?


I still would not quite say this is done. I need to work on incorporating quotes and citing sources in the description. I am struggling some with how to do that but that is what I am giving myself some time to work on. I did not quite expect the difficulties that are coming from citing sources in a podcast.


Outline item from section I. C. a.: “The way the human brain works determines almost everything about the way the world works today”


Adaption: “Why do people do what they do? Why do I feel the way I do? Why do they feel the way they do? The innate human inclination to understand and discover pushes psychologists for answers.”


  1. How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?


I thought the use of rhetorical questions engaged the reader in a really effective way. Because this part is talking about how psychology directly affects the audience, the engagement of rhetorical questions goes along with that well.


The genre of public writing is more casual, accessible, and simple, as is my description of the writing in that genre.


  1. How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?

I adapted the idea a little bit to be more engaging to the reader. I didn’t quite say that psychology determines everything about how the world works, but rather, I explained the way that it is relevant to the reader. By equating it to a smaller scale that is more easily relatable to the reader, I made the information more interesting and engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment