Monday, March 14, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

After putting together a full draft of my podcast, I have a few ideas to reflect on. Here I will talk about the background of my podcast, what I plan on working on, and what I am proud of.

Key information about your particular project that you would like anyone who peer reviews your draft to know.

I had some issues with interviews and was only able to conduct one. I think my information is a little limited but I am working on accumulating sources to make up for that discrepancy. This is definitely a rough draft. I plan on making it longer.

Major issues or weaknesses in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those weaknesses)

I definitely do not include enough evidence or citations. I am working on incorporating that but citing sources and referencing sources in podcasts is just a bit confusing. If you have any ideas of how I might smoothly include sources, I would appreciate them! I am also working on making it longer. I would also appreciate any ideas of what information might be interesting to include.

Major virtues or strengths in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those strengths)

I think it is relatively interesting. I tried to communicate my own interest in the subject and I think I did a decent job. However, I’m curious about how interesting other people think I made it.


Here is the script to my podcast.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah!!
    I love the first genre you choose. I feel like talking about online discussions on psychology is something that not very many people think of as an important type of writing.

    I like how you stress the importance of public writing that is more easily understandable in the field of psychology.

    I would like to make suggestions on the form of your podcast.
    1)I noticed you don't have an introduction of yourself or the podcast content at the beginning on the podcast
    2)I like your music choices but they are kind of abrupt in the podcast. If you played them a little longer and faded them into the script they would me much more effective.
    3)Please add a segment where you explain about the rhetorical concepts!!
    4)When you introduce your genre examples, please introduce what medium the are, where you found them, etc. Also introduce the people you talked about.

    Good start on your podcast!

    ReplyDelete