Sunday, March 6, 2016

Reflection on Pre-Production

Looking back on my work this week, here are some reflection questions about my progress and my feelings about moving forwards.

What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

I conducted one interview (after some scheduling difficulties and ever so very late cancellations). I got a lot of interesting information about writing in psychology as well as life in general. Conducting this interview allowed me to make a valuable connection with the Dean of Research for the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences. I also have completed every blog post on time - you’ve gotta appreciate the little successes!

What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

My first interview was moved to the time of my second interview and then cancelled at the last minute. My second interviewee cancelled on my thirty minutes after we were supposed to meet. I only conducted one interview because I did not find out about the initial interview being cancelled until Sunday night. I am now faced with the obstacle of conducting an interview, incorporating that information into my podcast, and editing my podcast mid-production.

How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?

If I can set up an interview early on in the week, things will go fine. However, if this ends up being a difficulty this may result in some chaos. I am going to do my best to commit to this schedule but one of my close friends who goes to school in Nashville is coming so my schedule may be subject so some spontaneous changes. Nevertheless, I am willing this week to go well.

How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?

I feel very concerned about the fact that I have only conducted one interview. I think I will most likely end up conducting my final interview via Skype or email which is not ideal but it will work. Beyond that, I like my outline and I am actually kind of excited to figure out how to put a podcast together.

No comments:

Post a Comment