Sunday, March 27, 2016

Editorial Report B

Here I continue to go through my podcast script. However, this time I am focusing on a portion describing the rhetorical concept, context.

Rough Cut:


Re-edited Selection:


How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?

The content changed in a similar way as did the content in Revision A. Because I did not focus as much on the rhetorical concepts I had to redo a lot of my writing in order to reorient them to focus on context.  I also added in a part that functions both as an element of form and content - I am going to have my roommate read an excerpt from an article about curiosity. This functions both as evidence and a genre convention.

How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

I had to add an introduction for this portion as well (my introductions were seriously lacking, goodness). This was the largest change of form. The second largest change I made was to the narrator - my roommate will be reading a section from an online article. This helps my piece fit more in the genre of a podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment