Sunday, March 27, 2016

Reflection on “Writing Genres in the Field of Psychology”

Now that I have completed my podcast for Project 2, I will be moving onto Project 3. But, before doing so, I am going to reflect on the following questions about my work on Project 2.


What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.


I think I incorporated the genre conventions really well. I really made sure that I included as much as I could. I incorporated some form of an introduction into every new idea to transition the listener between thoughts. I have music that plays constantly but gets louder between ideas. I had my roommate read a quote to incorporate other voices. I spoke in second person to engage the listener. I said dorky cliche things that fit my idea of a podcast like “go explore the world of psychology”. I enjoyed putting it all together - it was something that I had never done before. It was a lot of fun to be creative.


What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.


It was difficult to figure out GarageBand. That was truly my biggest difficulty. I had to watch a lot of tutorials on YouTube.


As far as the actual content goes, understanding the genre conventions and how to incorporate rhetorical concepts was most difficult. I was proud of my incorporation of genre conventions but I’m not sure how well I incorporated rhetorical concepts. I included context and author. The ideas made sense in my head but I’m just not positive I fully articulated what I was trying to say.


How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?


I feel confident moving onto the next project. I am a little apprehensive because at this point I am planning on doing a video essay but I think I might be more successful at attempting a standard college essay. I’ve never made a video or anything similar before so it should be an interesting experience whether I do it for this next project or for the final project.


How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?

I think I did a much better job than I did last time. I am not working right up until the deadline, I didn’t procrastinate, I did a better job of understanding what was expected of me for this project. Overall, I have felt more knowledgeable about this project than I did for the last (which was totally my fault). I didn’t do well on the last project so I feel really hopeful that I will do better this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment