Sunday, March 27, 2016

Editorial Report A

After creating an initial draft of my project, I have taken some time to relook at the content of my podcast script. I included the original section of the portion in which I talk about the rhetorical concept, audience, and the revised version of the same section.

Rough Cut:


Re-edited Selection:


How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?

I needed to focus more on the audience. My attention to rhetorical concepts was severely lacking. Because of this, I completely deleted and redid the final paragraph and added in an entirely new introduction paragraph. This moved the focus away from the examples and to the rhetorical concept of the audience. This allowed the examples to function as evidence to support the claim I made in the first paragraph stating that a major difference was the audience.

How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

I included an introduction which affected the form a lot. Before that, I kind of just jumped into the content. Because of the audience-friendly nature of podcasts, an introduction was crucial to introducing the next part of my analysis of the genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment