Sunday, March 27, 2016

Peer Review for Jake Gyles

How did you practice your editorial skills this week in peer review?

I continued to try to be constructive but also provide some suggestions for improvement. It came more easily even after just one peer edit of sincerely trying to not just be nice. I also focused on podcasts in an attempt to learn more about what I can incorporate into my own podcast. Jake definitely helped me see the type of tone I would like to take on.

I reviewed Jake Gyles’ “Rough Cut”. I chose to review content because Jake wrote that he felt pretty confident about his form.

Jake’s rough cut was pretty short. I tried to ask him questions that his content left me wondering about that might give him opportunity to expand. I also was not quite clear on how his genres were a form of writing in business so I also asked some questions that might help him make that more clear.

I incorporated that same thing from the Student Guide that I incorporated on the previous peer review. On pages 41-42, “Getting the Most from Your Workshop Experience” explains how you can give the most helpful feedback. I tried to use these guidelines throughout my reviews. It helped me to give constructive criticism in a way that didn’t make me feel too mean.

I really enjoyed Jake’s narration. He did a great job with the introduction and narration of his podcast. He sounded interested, lively, and engaging. I hope that I can emulate a similar tone in my own podcast!

No comments:

Post a Comment