Friday, May 6, 2016

Editorial Report A

I have already made my video essay so I am going to go back and re-record over the voice memos I had before. I also didn’t get any peer review feedback so I didn’t have any comments to base my revisions off of. The revsions I made are local but I think they helped my essay do what I was trying to get it to do.

Audience Questions
  1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
  2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

Author Response

  1. I added some introduction into this paragraph that relates it more to the picture that is shown while the recording plays. It just didn’t really make sense. So I made it make more sense. I also added some extra explanation and analysis.
  2. The only way the form really changed is by adding length to the section and adding an introduction to the rest of the paragraph. This helped transition from the paragraph before and relate to the image on the screen.

Selection From Rough Cut:

I used to go off of one idea and dive into an essay with little to no planning. This never turned out well. I had poorly written essays or long and intensive editing processes. Using outlines before starting essays has added a step to my work processes which gives me a chance to reflect on and revise my ideas before they turn into an essay. Outlines have helped me become more a more proactive and intelligent writer.

Re-Edited Selection:

Like the cat captured in this photo, I have experienced a great deal of frustration. This frustration has come mostly from the way that I approached writing. I used to go off of one idea and dive into an essay with little to no planning. This turned out one of two ways: one, I had poorly written essays, or, two, I had long and intensive editing processes because the first draft of my essay was so unplanned. Now that I have been using outlines to plan work, my experience with writing has changed. This has added a step to my work processes which gives me a chance to reflect on and revise my ideas before they turn into an essay. Outlines have helped me become more a more proactive and intelligent writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment