Friday, May 6, 2016

Editorial Report B

Now, to edit my final piece of my video essay script, here is a section on public speaking. I mostly worked on the introduction to the ideas and adding some extra content.

Audience Questions
  1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
  2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

Author Response

  1. I added a lot of introduction and content. I talked about my past experience with public speaking and explained more specifically how that changed throughout my involvement in English 109H. By adding more context, I made the significance of the progress I made more apparent to the viewer.
  2. The form mostly changed in length. I also added an introduction. This gave the viewer a bit better of a transition from the last section.

Selection from Rough Cut:

Public speaking is a skill that’s devlopment was woven throughout each project. The most development happened during project two. Throughout interviews and recording my voice I had to work a lot on showing confidence through my voice even if it wasn’t actually there. As public speaking is an important professional skill, this is yet another thing that’s going to help me throughout my professional career.

Re-Edited Selection:

Although public speaking has never been something I have been scared of or had a great deal of anxiety about, it has also never been something I am good at. I get side tracked, tell irrelevant stories, start to say things and stop mid sentence - basically, I’m a mess. Even if this inability to speak publically hasn’t bothered me much, it’s not conducive to a professional career. My development of this skill throughout english 109h was woven throughout each project. However, the most development happened during project 2. Throughout interviews and recording my voice I had to work a lot on showing confidence through my voice even if it wasn’t actually there as well as speaking in cohesive sentences. Presenting yourself well is an important career skill. Public speaking goes right along with that. This is yet another thing that’s going to help me throughout life.

No comments:

Post a Comment