Sunday, February 14, 2016

Peer Review #1

I reviewed A.J. Makela’s draft. From Makela’s draft, I gained a better understanding of hyperlinks. This was something I was struggling with. I am definitely over-hyperlinking. The conciseness of his hyperlinks made his QRG much more easily understandable. I also appreciated the way that he captured the reader’s attention. The opening quote was engaging and draws the reader into the story. This showed me that I need to improve or completely redo the intro to my QRG.

While Makela’s draft was very impressive, his exclusion of “when” and “where” detracted some from the reader’s understanding of the context. I have provided some of these details but I am going to go back and make sure that the time and place are clear and consice.

I learned a lot from Makela’s short but informative style. It fits perfectly with a QRG. I am a much more elaborate writer and I tend to include unnecessary information or get so distracted I forget to include what I am supposed to include. I am going to try to emulate his precision with both writing as well as hyperlinking. Similarly, I am going to attempt to recreate the level of interest he presented in his introduction. Be it through a quote or a snappier, snazzier statement, I need to grab my reader’s attention more than I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment